We were in Atlanta M-W this week and we’re stuck eating pantry food until we can get to the store. This is where having a well stocked pantry is really a win.
Freezer ingredients: cubed beef
Pantry ingredients: onions, red onions, corn tortillas, corn chips, limes, garlic, hot sauce
Refrigerator ingredients: peppers, avocados, parsley
1) make pseudo-guacamole with avocados, about 1/4 cup finely diced onions, juice from the lime, and some chopped parsley. Season with salt, pepper and a little cumin. Chill in the fridge.
2) Defrost beef and cut into slices. Drop into hot cast iron skillet, with a small amount of vegetable oil and sear.
3) Slice garlic cloves and add to skillet.
4) Slice remaining bit of red onion, and 1/2 of a white onion. Slice an equivalent amount of peppers. Add peppers and onion to beef in skillet.
5) Fry until done.
6) Warm tortillas
7) Assemble at the table. Hot sauce to taste.